Blogaholic Designs”=

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Thus Begins the Rest of our lives

I realize I have been horribly negligent with this blog. It isn't that I don't have anything to update or that I have a shortage of pictures. I've just been busy (I've written six books in as many months, for crying out loud) and the thought of more writing in my very limited spare time just doesn't appeal to me. So I have been thinking of this blog as somewhat of a chore lately. Funny thing, that, as I've always thought of it as a joy in the past. So this post will be nothing but pictures with this quick note to you all letting you know that we are still alive and thriving. Life gets in the way, and all that, do you see?

P.S. Lily turns two this month. I can't believe it!

First, the most important news. Look who has hair long enough for a French braid. You should have seen me when I finally did it. I was bouncing off the walls, giddy with excitement. As Ernie said, to each their own.


Front view. Isn't she precious?

Sporting the dual braids (my personal favorite)

Almost ever single day since Lily's been eating "grown up" food, she has helped me make her breakfast. The older she gets, the more she wants to do by herself.


Like measuring the flour for her pancakes.



And getting said flour all over herself and the kitchen, remarkably managing to get it wet so it sticks rather tenaciously to the crevices and cracks. That takes a certain kind of talent, I'd say.


And of course she would not abide my help with the stirring. That was an honor reserved only for her highness.







I threw this one in for those who claim she is never absent her smile. Yes, like any two-year-old, she does throw fits. Luckily, she has a sympathetic mommy who runs to get the camera and immortalize them for her. I do love blackmail...





But I readily confess that her tantrums are few and far between. Most of the time I am graced with this lovely, smiling little girl who is all giggles and sunshine. (the dog in the picture is named Kekie, which is Hawaiian for "dog". Lily rarely goes anywhere without either him or her other dog, Dodger)




And, much to Ernie's chagrin, she loves playing dress up.




After buying her a dress up trunk, she wore this princess hat around almost constantly for a week.



We also took Lily to the circus recently, something I will never do again. I don't know why I never realized it (perhaps I was living in a hole and am exceptionally dense), but they treat the animals abominably. I'm quite ashamed we ever went. But Lily did have a grand ol' time. She was particularly fond of the elephants, poor creatures as they are.

Remember the dress up box? I mentioned it several pictures back if you'd like to refresh your memory. Well, it came with several pairs of little girl shoes. But no, Lily still prefers to wear mine. She raids my closet on a daily basis. Luckily, most of my shoes are four-inch heels and she can't get into them...yet.



And last, but certainly not least, we took Lily to the Monterey Aquarium. Unfortunately, I left Ernie in charge of the camera so we only got two pictures (the second picture is almost identical to this one, so I saw no purpose in posting it). Lily loved it and has asked me just about everyday since if we can go back. And let me tell you, she does not like hearing "no".

7 comments:

created by Nicole said...

She is so pretty! I love the dimples:)O to have my own little girl soon.

The Gotzingers said...

Glad to see that you are alive!! LOL!! Gosh 2 already. WOW!! Time sure flys. Shes beautiful just like her mama!! :o)

Steve and Cyndi said...

Seriously! You are the most fun mom ever! Look at that floury mess all over the counters! I freak out when Shelby spills just a little and then I more or less end up doing it for her... I love how patient you are with her learning new skills! You are just awesome! And, I LOVE her braids! So cute!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

She just really has amazing hair!!!!!! I love it!!! What a gorgeous girl and you are such a great mom to let her *make* the pancakes and not care about the flour everywhere. Sometimes when moms are uptight about stuff like that, they miss awesome opportunities! You rock!

Shelly said...

I have been so bad about commenting on blog lately. Lily is soo cute!! She really does have beautiful hair!! I'm glad things are going well with your book your amazing Jamie(:

mad white woman said...

I'm pretty sure Clara's hair is not even equivalent to half of Lily's. In fact, I would be Lily has thicker hair than I. What a lucky girl.

Wow, six books? Go Jami!

Oh, and the other night I was at my mom's and I met your nephew Tommy briefly (Jennifer's boy?). What a cute little guy.

James and Summer said...

good to see you coming up for air! she is SUCH a cutie!!!! and PLEASE do let us know when we will be seeing some of your work on our local bookstore shelves - I"ll buy enough to give some away on my other blog!!!