Blogaholic Designs”=

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas In Dixie, Part One

At long last, I am updating my blog. As you can see, I started this post on December 27th with every intention of having a timely update. Now, on April 15, I am finishing it. But living in the country with only dial up internet makes updating this blasted thing a rather arduous process. To make things easier on myself, I am going to do this in segments. The segments will be short and sweet so that, hopefully, I will finish by the time Christmas 2010 rolls around.



So, without further ado, let me update you on our Christmas in Dixie.




This year's Christmas was so much fun. Not that I didn't have fun with Lily her first two Christmases, but now she is older and understands more about Christmas (granted, mostly she understands about presents, but still). Still, it was more than that. Something about this Christmas just felt Chistmasier. The candy was sweeter, the tree a bit greener and the logs seemed just yulier.


It all started in the usual way. With a tree.






After Thanksgiving, we loaded everyone up and took them to a live Christmas Tree farm on Youngs Island. They had a blast picking out the perfect tree.










Lily was convinced this one would be perfect. She insisted it was a perfect little tree for such a little girl as herself. I had to explain that we couldn't put all the pretty tree decorations she'd picked out on such a small tree.









Of course, the kids had to visit Toole the Talking Tree and ask her all about Santa's preparations for Christmas.



Once we got the tree home, the real fun began....Decorating.




Every year we buy Lily a special ornament to comemorate another year. This year, she was old enough to pick it out for herself. Of course, she had to have the ballerina outfit.






















Lily loved finding the perfect spot for each ornament. Really. She spent about ten minutes scoping out a place for each one.


Christmas would not be Christmas without a homemade holiday picture frame.


I am skipping ahead in my timeline for these shots, but I had them uploaded already and couldn't bring myself to go through the whole process again. These were the family shots taken at Nicki's house after Christmas dinner.






















And these are the Christmas pictures that never quite made it into Christmas cards. Ah well. Maybe next year.










Stay tuned for Christmas in Dixie, part deux, coming to a theater near you this summer ;)

2 comments:

mad white woman said...

I love Christmas! Reading about celebrations in April and again in the Summer helps the wait until next Christmas more enjoyable. :)

Amy said...

I love her dimples and you are looking so skinny! Nice to see you posting again.