Blogaholic Designs”=

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Growing backwards


I know it is a total cliché, but sometimes I look at Lily and think that I can't believe how grown up she is.  Just yesterday I was snuggling a newborn on my chest and now she's practically grown.  Okay, so maybe she still has some growing to do, but you know what I mean, right?  It seems like every time I blink, she grows up a bit more.  It is all happening too fast.  Maybe that's why I take so many pictures.  I don't want to forget a single second of it.  Any of it.

The other day Lily and I were chatting on our walk and she said "Mommy, being three isn't as much fun as being two.  Can I grow back to two on my next birthday instead of growing to four?"

You know what, baby?  That sounds good to me.

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

She's such a happy girl. I love that smile.