Blogaholic Designs”=

Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Little More

Yesterday was a very busy day.  So busy, we didn't have time to go to the beach until late.  I know, poor us, right?  You should feel very sorry for us.  Anyhow, it was the first time we'd seen a sunset at the beach since moving here.  I guess I was a kind of a west coast snob.  I always loved watching the sun set over the water, turning everything gold and warm.  But I'll tell you, I've been missing out on a lot.



It was a warm, humid evening after a week of killer thunderstorms.  There was a sweet, salty breeze coming off the water and instead of warm and gold, everything was cool and silver.  The clouds were huge, fluffy balls of blue and purple and the sky wasn't blazing, but subdued.  Soon, we'll have to replace our sundresses with sweaters.  But for now we are enjoying the sultry warmth of our sleepy beach town before the next (likely permanent) cold front comes through.  I'm excited for the sweaters, down comforters, fires and hot cocoa.  But on nights like last night, I'm content to let winter take her time in getting here.

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

I'm trying not to think about the fact that this last weekend was the first time I made it to the beach in over 2 years... maybe 3?? And then after I forget that, I will try to have sympathy for you that you didn't make it until late. :) Ha ha.

All joking aside, you have a gift for seeing the beauty in everything. You are such a positive person and it's always a good reminder that I need to work on that.