Blogaholic Designs”=

Friday, June 12, 2009

Blackmail Pictures

You know, I've made a remarkable discovery. When I had a fulltime job, I updated my blog at least once a week. Now that I am a stay-at-home mommy, I hardly ever have time to update. Things are still crazy, but slowing down. I am awaiting my line edits and have seen the proof for my cover. Things are moving along well. To pass the time, I was looking through some old pictures. The one with Rebecca showing off her belly is definitely blackmail material. So is the one of Jonathan in a dance costume. I just have to wait for the perfect opportunity to use them. Yes, I am evil.


What do you do when you have five rambunctious children all within five years in age? You take them to the woods and let them run around, praying for a bear to scare them stupid. At least then they'd stop with the endless questions, right? But seriously, just looking at this picture makes me wonder how my mother made it through. We were a rather obnoxious lot.


Look, my dad had hair. I believe it is one of the seven wonders of the world. Rarely seen and rapidly decaying... ;)


Don't *even* ask about the headband. I have no words. But that beautiful velvet dress I am wearing was one of my mother's original creations. It was one of my favorite dresses when I was a girl. That mother of mine, she's pretty talented. Even if she *is* wearing those dreadful glasses.

No, as cool as it would have been and as much as I may have wished it, my family did not go through a stint in the circus. These are actually our dance costumes. We were the Wilkinson Family Cloggers. Now, I dare you to be nerdier than that!



Now, keep in mind that in the picture of me, I am three years older than Lily is in the picture of her. Probably close to four years, actually. But seeing as how I was the youngest of six and digital cameras hadn't been invented yet, there are no baby pictures of me in existence. Yes, I am going to therapy over it. Anyhow...Granted, Lily has a strong Hamilton resemblance. But she still looks, even a tinsy bit, like me. I'll try this again in a couple years to see if the resemblance gets stronger. Then maybe people will stop asking if she's mine when I am out and about.

4 comments:

mad white woman said...

Oh man these are awesome pictures! The clogger picture rocks. I had no idea... :) Who's mom didn't have glasses like that? My dad had some too. I do think Lily looks similar to you. The dark hair throws it off, but you do have the dimples.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Those pictures were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny!!!!!!!!! What were we thinking in the 80's!?!?!?! Seriously hilarious!!!!!!! And you and Lilly totally have the same eyes!!!

The Gotzingers said...

Those are some GREAT pictures!! LOL!! Love the outfits and the glasses!! WOW!! Pretty stinkin' funny!! Thanks for sharing!! :o)

Steve and Cyndi said...

I didn't know your whole family clogged TOGETHER!! That cracks me up... or maybe it is the costumes... I can't decide! And, I love your bangs! Man you had style!

And yes, you and Lily have the same eye shape. She is your daughter and people are idiots to even have to ask! :)