Blogaholic Designs”=

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Gardens and Giggles

Can you guess what we did this weekend? I've been wanting to plant a garden with Lily since April, but haven't gotten around to it. So finally last weekend we got our act together and picked up some seeds, soil and pots and made a party of it.

Lily's favorite part of the whole enterprise? Playing in the dirt.
(Yes, we have a tent set up in a backyard. You don't? Hu...that's weird)

She got to plant her very own little herb garden. She got a kick out of it. It has a place of honor on the window sill in the kitchen. Every morning without fail she insists on watering it herself. (her latest favorite word is "self". Every time we do anything, she insists on doing it herself.)


Once we finished with the dirt, we had to play in the water.



I got a little carried away with the pictures. But she was just so dang cute, I couldn't seem to help myself.

Can you believe how big she's gotten? Every time I look at her I am amazed.


Predictably, if there was mayhem to be spread, Ernie was not far behind. Isn't he mean? Don't you feel sorry for Lily and I for having to put up with his shenanigans?



But don't worry, Lily is wise to his tricks. And she is learning quick how to defend herself.

Unfortunately, her coordination isn't quite as well-honed as Ernie's. More often than not she ended up splashing herself rather than him.


By the time we finally dragged her away, she looked like a drowned cat.

4 comments:

Steve and Cyndi said...

That's funny. Shelby's favorite thing to say is "Shelby's own" as in "I can do it on my own" or "I want my own..."
they grow up so fast! And, we need to set a time to play! I'll be in CA in just a few weeks!

mad white woman said...

You got some fabulous shots. What a fun time.

I was going to ask about the tent...

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!! She definitely has a contagious smile! Her whole face explodes into *SMILE*! Love it!

Shelly said...

I still can't get over how much she is changing what a cute little toddler!