Blogaholic Designs”=

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy [Late] Father's Day

It seems every post lately seems to start with an apology and/or explanation as to why I've been such a neglectful blogger. Time is not the issue. Not really. It is just such a daunting task to update constantly, than I keep putting it off and putting it off until I have so way too much to catch up on that I don't ever want to do it. So I'm going to make these boring "catch-up" posts as short and sweet as possible.

Over Father's Day weekend the city of Martinez put on a nice little town fair down at Waterfront Park. They had rides and food and music. An all-around good time on a warm, summer day.

On the Friday before we went out to dinner at Kinders (for those of you not from this area, it is a fabulous bbq place...though not half as good as Melvins). On the way out to the car we passed by a great children's store. In the window was a bike stroller that was marked down by about $50. We had been talking about buying me a bike and stroller for almost two years, so we decided to buy it. They also happened to have this great little backpack thing. I love it. So much easier than carrying a very heavy 30 lb toddler around once she gets tired of walking, let me tell you. (Oh, Ernie also bought me a bike, but I haven't had a chance to take a picture of it yet. But it is currently my most prized possession and Lily and I use it daily)


Lily loved the tea cups. She went on them three times in the two days that we went to the fair.



You can't really tell, but this is a pendalum pirate ship ride. As soon as it started swaying, however, Lily started shaking and grabbing hold of me. She shook the entire time. Suffice it to say, we did not go on that ride again.

Her absolute favorite ride, however, was the train. She could have ridden it all day long and never gotten bored. Each time we took her on it she had a big smile on her face right up until the time it stopped. Then she would shake her head and say "No, no, no," in a very distressed voice.
All-in-all, I think we had a lovely Father's Day. Even though Ernie ended up buying me a bike and stroller. But don't think he is too abused. He did get a nice, homemade breakfast made for him by his two favorite girls as well as a travel mug (per tradition) with a family picture etched on it. It was a fun weekend.

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

Did you see my three or so posts in a row that were excuses and apologies? It's for the same reason... I put it off and then I really don't have time!

I think only in California do you get tea cups at your fair. Fun!