Blogaholic Designs”=

Thursday, July 9, 2009

This is How I walk in My Tennis Shoes


For the past couple of months, I have been taking Lily for walks all over our beautiful city (walks when she is actually walking. I've been taking her on walks in her stroller since she was born. Just clearing that up). She is quite the hiker, too, let me tell you. She can go between half a mile and a mile before wanting to be held. And for the first half of that she runs. The. Entire. Way.

The purse she is carrying is one she got in South Carolina. It was from one of those kitschy state paraphernalia shops and the clerk thought that she was so cute toting around the bag that she let her have it for free (because mean Mommy and Daddy were refusing to buy it for her. Never mind that we had already spent a small fortune on her). I keep telling people she's a little con artist, but no one believes me. How could someone so cute be a con artist? Exactly!

Anyhow, she takes it on every walk we go on and fills it with all her treasures. She is very fond of rocks and leaves, but she is very particular about which ones she'll pick up. They have to be just right, or she'll have nothing to do with them.



Lily loves going for walks. She usually wakes up around 6:00 in the morning. By around 7:00 she is hounding me to go outside. Between our morning walk, our afternoon bike ride trip to the park and our after-dinner bike ride to feed the ducks, you would think she'd be sick of the outdoors. Wrong. She will never grow tired of playing outside. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. The last thing I want is one of those kids who would rather spend time in front of the television or playing video games (which will be difficult as I never intend to own a video game).

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

That totally cracks me up that she got the purse for free. I'm totally with you: she IS a con artist!

Clara loves rocks too. She even likes picking up the granite from our own yard and bringing it inside. For a while, I kept finding rocks in all her purses.