Blogaholic Designs”=

Friday, July 31, 2009

Storytime

Lily has a ton of stuffed animals. Seriously, she has so many that not only does she have a toy box full to overflowing with them, but they are cluttering up every single room in our house. The other day I went to check on her because she had been napping for an unusually long time and I found this:

She had lined up several of her animals and was reading to them.

Here she is pointing out the shark in The Little Mermaid (from our collection of disney stories). She kept saying "look, look. Right there. Shark. Look teddy bear/froggy/rabbit/etc. Then, of course, she noticed me with the camera so she wanted to show off her toys.

I have no idea how long she was in there reading to her toys before I came in, but I came in about 45 minutes after she normally wakes up from her nap. I was telling Ernie just last night how much fun I am having with this stage. Her imagination is just starting to make an appearance and I love seeing it. As someone who always had imaginary friends and turned the living room into a tropical island/castle/lava pit/etc. on a daily basis, I love to see how imaginative she is. Is it possible for every stage with her to be my favorite?

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

Juicing the imagination of toddlers is incredibly entertaining.

Yes, it's possible. I always tell people, every new stage becomes my favorite one so I rarely miss a younger stage.

Plus, no matter the stage, she has such a sweet face, which could make anything your favorite.