Blogaholic Designs”=

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fourth of July


Summertime is here, and what better way to celebrate the solstice then with a festive red, white and blue-themed BBQ with friends?


Both Ernie and I have absolutely no family in the area. So our friends, the Lipmans, sort of adopted us for the Fourth of July. Good food, friendly people, games and a pool is what I would call a recipe for a good time.


The Lipmans have seven (yes, seven) kids. The youngest is a few months older than Lily. They both loved the volleyball pit. It was a giant sandbox. I just hope it doesn't also couple as a giant litter box.


Sarah (Mama Lipman) brought a croquet set, which Lily couldn't get enough of. Brightly colored balls and big mallets...what's not to love, yes? Until, that is, she attempted to hit one of the brightly-colored balls with one of said big mallets. When her shin got in the way then suddenly it wasn't quite so much fun.


Sarah invited Lily and I to the pool a couple weeks before the 4th for one of her son's birthdays. Lily couldn't get enough of the pool. When I finally pulled her away it was amidst cries and whines of protest.

This time, though, no amount of coaxing could make her get into the pool. But as a women, I suppose it is her perogative to change her mind.


Still, at least she looked cute sitting poolside. And we all know that is what is truly important.




She did love playing "trumpet" into the water noodles, though.

So while we did miss the fireworks (we all fell asleep before 7:30...I know, I know...pathetic), we still had an absolutely lovely holiday. Thanks Sarah and Jake, for inviting us. We had a blast.

3 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Ohhhh FUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!! That is the coolest looking cake thing ever!!! How creative!

mad white woman said...

That food certainly looks delicious. I've seen those flag cakes and decided I have admiration for people that have the patience to do that.

What a fun time. I love Lily in her little swimming suit.

Ashley said...

I just found your blog from my friend Rachel's. Your blog is really cute!!!
Come by my blog to enter some fun giveaways! There are a few of them, and not many people have entered yet, so your chances of winning are really good!