Blogaholic Designs”=

Saturday, September 10, 2011

The year's last, loveliest smile


Mmmm....Do you smell that?  This morning I woke up filled with excitement.  The smell of fall was everywhere, filing my senses and giving me cozy dreams of sweaters, pretty scarves and warm colors.  Fall has always been my favorite time of year.  As an Arizona girl, I looked forward to bidding adieu to the blistering heat.  In California I waited with anticipation for the world to blaze with golds, reds and oranges.  In the south, I can't wait for our walks in the crisp, soft morning air, steaming cups of hot cocoa and woolly, oversized sweaters.  Everywhere I go, the result is still the same.  I love Fall.

It's funny, really, that I've always associated Fall with warmth, considering it is the time of year when the temperatures begin to drop.  But something about this season just *feels* warm.  It's like comfort food. 

So to commemorate the changing off the seasons, Lily and I took a trip to Fort Clinch State Park.  It was the first day since we got here that wasn't too hot to go traipsing around the place for longer than five minutes.  What better way to kick of the season than a day spent enjoying its beauty.

















And of course, seeing as how we live in Florida, we couldn't have a day out without a jaunt down to the beach for a little sea shell collecting















It was a wonderful day.  The kind that makes you wonder why you don't take the time to enjoy the beautiful world we live in more often.  The kind that makes you grateful to be alive and experiencing the wonder of this world.  It was, in short, the perfect Fall day.

(PS: yes, I know it isn't actually Fall yet.  But it *feels* Fall-y.  Ya dig?)

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

I love this time of year. Seriously, I was in Costco and seeing the Christmas decorations made my eyes tear up with joy. I love the smells, the weather, the holidays, the birthdays (my entire family!), etc. You said it perfectly: despite the falling temps, it just "feels" warm. :)