Blogaholic Designs”=

Monday, December 26, 2011

The best things in life are nearest


I know I have to chronicle our Christmas, but today was kinda the perfect day and I couldn't wait to share it.  I love living on our little island.  Even more, I love having a husband and daughter that are oh-so-perfect for me.  But combining the two is a recipe for certain fun.  Bike riding, goofing off at a historical fort while learing about the Civil War, playing at the park, and relaxing at a beach-side restaurant.  All these things in and of themselves would have made today a good day, but sharing them with my two favorite people made it an exceptionally perfect day.  Everyday is a vacation with these two.  I kinda love them.

We started off our day by playing dress-up (I was Rayla and Lily was Aleena.  We were fairy sky queens.  We ate fairy cakes and drank fairy tea.  I bet you didn't know I was that cool, didja?).  Lily insisted that we keep the tiaras on for our bike ride.
Exploring all the fun, maze-like tunnels of the fort.

I know, right?  He looks good coming *and* going. 
Seriously? Can anyone wonder why I adore them so?



Our perfect day ended with all of us snuggled up on the couch watching Barbie Swan Lake, where we all fell asleep until I woke an hour later and put everyone to bed.  These are the days I will treasure in the years to come.  We didn't spend much money and we didn't go anywhere especially exciting, but it was perfect nonetheless.  Here's to many more.
xo

3 comments:

mad white woman said...

Awww. I'm glad you got to cherish and record such a perfect day. That's what life is all about for sure.

mad white woman said...

Oh, and PS... yes, I did think you were that cool. :)

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

I love the jumping action shots and that awesome picture in the alley! That does look like a perfect day. :)