Blogaholic Designs”=

Monday, November 24, 2008

Everybody Dance Now!

Lily loves music. All kinds of music, really, although she is quite particular as to when she enjoys certain types of music. When she’s in her car seat, for instance, I can put on some classical music or some popera and she kicks back and enjoys the tunes (to my utter disappointment, she hates actual opera. I suspect Ernie has been waking up at night and pinching her while blaring opera through the house in order to condition her not to like it. I have no proof yet, but just give me time). In her stroller, I crank up Johanna Newsome or Evanescence and she happily rocks back and forth as she enjoys the scenery. But the BEST music EVER, of course, is the dancing music.

What is dancing music, you ask? Well, for Lily, it just about anything with a good beat. But her favorite is 80s rock (okay, so maybe my favorite is 80s rock, but I’m allowed to project. At least until she’s old enough to decide for herself). Put on the Police, or XTC, or the Smiths, or the Eagles, and she can bust out some serious dance moves. And let me tell you, that daughter of mine can really boogie. She jumps (to the extent that a one-year-old can jump) and twirls and runs and giggles. Fun will be had in our household if music is playing. And just to give you a sneak peak into the wonderful world of Lily, here are a few photos for your viewing pleasure. Unfortunately, I didn't have the presence of mind to videotape this dance session, but I promise a video to come.




She also enjoys using props. Don't ask me why she chose the toothpaste package But once she had it, she refused to part with it.


...until, that is, she found the package of bandaids. Yes, I do need to pick up my house.

2 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Why are diaper pictures so stinkin' cute!? Her dimples melt my heart!

mad white woman said...

She has such a darling smile. Watch out. That's a face you'll likely having a hard time getting mad at!