Blogaholic Designs”=

Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Week In Pictures

I had a blast this week. Not because anything remarkable happened. In fact, nothing particularly noteworthy happened at all. Most days we just spent hanging out at home and watching the new Tinkerbell movie (which, amazingly, Lily will sit through and has done so about five times since we bought it on Halloween). But the mundane, day-to-day was just a lot of fun this week. Lily was (and still is) cutting two molars this week, which is so very much the antithesis of fun. She's been exceptionally clingy with me and altogether more testy that is normal. But still, she managed to be awfully cute all week long. So I wanted to take a moment to share the world of cute in which I live. Starting with...

Monday:





Before you jump to conclusions, no, that is not some horrific head wound that I callusly took the time to immortalize on film before rushing my bleeding daughter to the emergency room. On Monday, Lily decided it would be fun to try and put red highlights in her hair. Luckily, her medium was washable paints, so she didn't do any permanent damage. Honestly, she looked kinda like a hip little rocker baby. A very cute, hip little rocker baby. Add that to the fact that her favorite band is XTC and I've got the absolute perfect little girl.

Tuesday:

It's a little difficult to see here, but underneath the couch is the case to our Little Mermaid DVD. I didn't get the shot I wanted, which was Lily crouched down and balancing on her toes to check under the couch. But I still got some cute shots. I did feel a moment's regret for cruelly taking the time to grab the camera and mock her attempts instead of helping her grab the movie case. But I got over it relatively quickly. I know, I'm a mean mommy.




But come on, she's pretty cute here, right? How could I have passed up that opportunity?

And who wouldn't laugh at this? I mean, come on.


In this last picture she finally got fed up in my heartlessness and sat up to demand that I help her get the case.

Wednesday:

On Wednesday, we went to Target for some much needed supplies. It is always a chore to go to the store during the week because we're all so tired after work and daycare that we just want to veg at home. That's why I make it a point to run all my erands on the weekend. But last weekend I was feeling particularly lazy, so we were stuck making a Target run on Wednesday. Lily was in fine form with all the holiday crowds, though. The more people around to smile at and flirt with her and fall all over themselves trying to get her attention, the happier she gets.


I just love her smiles. I never get tired of seeing her pearly whites or hearing her giggle. It makes my whole day...



And at the end of the day, Miss Lily loves nothing more than to cuddle up with her blankie and teddy on her rocking chair and relax. Sometimes with a book and sometimes with a movie. It is the best way to get her to nod off. Once she's sufficiently relaxed, she holds out her arms for me or Ernie to put her to bed.
Thursday:
Ernie had the genius idea to put the baby gate on the steps leading down the porch. That way, Lily can go outside (which she ALWAYS wants to do) without actually having to get her (and ourselves) all ready to go, which can sometimes be quite the process. She loves it.
Friday:

On Friday we had big plans to take Lily out on the town. But we ended up just chillin' (yes, I am that cool) and getting pedicures, courtesy of Ernie. Now Lily and I have matching pink toe nails.

And my favorite day of the week...

Saturday:



In case you case you can't tell what she thinks is so vastly amusing, she and her Daddy are both trying to be the first to blow the other over. I can't even describe how adorably cute this was.

1 comment:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Hey!!! I saw your blog address on my feed tracker! I didn't know you did a Blogger blog! I love it! And Lily is SOOOOOOOOOO stinkin' cute on camera! I love her chubby, dimply giggle, what a cutie!!!