Blogaholic Designs”=

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Art of Using a Spoon...and a New Hairdo

I have been offering Lily a spoon with every meal for several months. She has been wholly uninterested until the past two weeks.

One morning, after helping me make her usual of four scrambled eggs with cheese (yes, she eats all of them), I put her in her booster chair with the eggs in front of her. As I turned away she started saying something over and over that I passed off as gibberish. But then she got more frantic and insistent.


I then realized that "sfoo, sfoo", was actually "spoon". She was asking me for a spoon to eat her eggs with. I happily obliged. This has been her standard at every meal since then. And gradually, she is learning the art of using a spoon. She still has yet to get through an entire meal without giving up on the utensil and reverting to her fingers. But it is HUGE progress. I am begining to imagine a meal without food getting splattered over the kitchen tiles and ground into the area rug. Oh what a day that will be.


Who knew learning to use a spoon could be so exciting?



In an entirely unrelated topic, we hit a very exciting milestone this week. On Monday I was finally able to put Lily's hair in a braid. Two braids, to be exact. I didn't get any good pictures of them, but you can sort of see them in these. I was ridiculously giddy once I had finished. And she looked so cute.



It's the small things in life that bring you the greatest joy, right?


4 comments:

mad white woman said...

The lighting/coloring in the spoon pictures is fantastic.

Clara has been using a spoon for quite some time but still usually resorts to her hands. She's clever, impatient and knows that she can shovel food in much quicker with her hand that is quite a bit larger than that bitty little spoon. She also uses a fork, but will always hold the food with her left hand, so she can spear it with the right. I've stopped thinking she'll ever be able to eat without making a big mess. :)

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

She is such a good eater! Yummy, is that cookie crunch cereal too?? I would eat that with a SHOVEL! I love her new palm tree pony tails, they're so cute!

Shelly said...

Lily you are adorable!! That is so great that she is using a spoon now she can flick her food all over the place my kids love to do that( messy!!). I love her new hair style she is looking so grown up! Love you!!

Anderson Family said...

Jamie your little girl is so cute! I love how you do her hair. By the way this is Kellie (Carlson) Shelly's Friend I found your blog though Shelly's and I think your little girl is so cute. I hope when my little girl gets hair I will be able to do cute things to her hair like you do.