Blogaholic Designs”=

Thursday, April 16, 2009

51 Carolina Street

This is where Ernestine grew up. In Charleston, the jem by the sea. It is currently owned by her cousins. They've done all sorts of renovations and turned it into a gorgeous, modern, ultra chic home.

Lily loved her third cousin, Shantise. And she very adeptly conned Shantise into taking her for a walk around the neighborhood. That girl of mine already knows how cute she is and uses it to her advantage any oportunity she gets.


No matter how many times I explain Lily's strut, it is something you have to see to appreciate. You see it a bit in this picture. And trust me, there is no better description than "strut"! She's got attitude.


Before we even got out of the house that morning, Lily conned me out of my necklace. That, coupled with her cute, hippie-style shirt created an adorable, Bohemian toddler look that was wholly irresistable. (I originally wrote "Bohemian baby look", but had to go back and change it. I keep forgeting that she isn't a baby anymore :( )


The cousins were great. Shantise's dad recently published a book. He also used to be a writer for Mad TV (tell me if I have the incorrect, but I thought I remembered someone telling me that). The house is filled with his artwork, and it is stunning. I wish I had had the presence of mind to take some pictures inside the house. But trust me on this one, it was remarkable.


I was amazed that Lily stayed with Shantise for so long. Usually, even if Ernie is holding her, she will reach for me if I'm around. But she stayed contendedly with Shantise for quite some time.


Lily had a great time with her cousins. The only part of the trip she didn't like was getting back in the car. As soon as she saw it, she ran away from me. She thought it was hilarious. And once I saw the expression on her face, I couldn't help but laugh myself. Yes, I know. I'm not a very good disciplinarian.

2 comments:

mad white woman said...

She does look darling. And I decided Clara will be my baby until she has her own babies. I'm selfish like that and don't want to admit she has to grow up.

Steve and Cyndi said...

I am so in love with South Carolina! I NEED to go there! What beautiful buildings! Thanks so much for your stroll through history! I loved it! Same day I'll go! :)