Blogaholic Designs”=

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Lazy, Crazy, Hazy Dayz of Summer...


How has life changed since I quit my job? In some ways, it has gotten much busier and MUCH more stressful. In other ways it has been more relaxed. Instead of waking at 5:30 and rushing to get Lily and myself showered, fed and out the door before eight, I sleep in until 7:00, when Lily comes in and snuggles with me in bed for about an hour. Then we get up, eat breakfast and start our day.


On hot days we play in the sprinklers, getting delisciously drenched.


And of course, being the responsible mommy that I am, I make certain we stay hydrated.

Then we usually go on a morning walk down to the park. By the time we get back to the house, it's nap time. I cram as much work into the two to three hours as I possibly can before Lily is awake again. Until Ernie gets home I get to color, play dolls, have tea parties, go for walks and run around the house tickling and being tickled.

My days are filled with giggles, hugs and snuggles.



A pretty good life, if I do say so myself. So far I love being a full-time writer.

4 comments:

mad white woman said...

Hey, I didn't know you already quit. Hooray!

When are you going to be in AZ? We should go to Queen's together if you have time. I'm pretty sure Lily and Clara will love each other. Although Clara might be confused meeting a new Lily. :)

Shelly said...

HOORAY!! I am so happy for you!! That is so wonderful that you get to spend more time with Lily as well she is such an adorably happy little child I love looking at her:D

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

You're such a good mom to let her get all wet and messy!! She's so cute and I love how you do her hair!

Steve and Cyndi said...

It has been so long since I've been on to read your blog! I didn't know you quit. How exciting for you to get to be with Lily all day!