Blogaholic Designs”=

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Five Days and Counting

That's how long Lily has been sick! I can't take it any longer. I took her to the doctor yesterday and she now weighs four ounces less than she weighed in December! She no longer has a temperature, but she still is throwing up quite a bit. Oh yes, and since yesterday she has started with this:

Our house is covered in towels. And it's pointless to try and keep her clothed. This lovely picture with six (yes, SIX) dirty diapers is after just over one hour. But don't think it stops there. There's still PLENTY of this:

Fun, hu? My poor baby. She wants so badly to be up and about and playing, but she can't manage more than five minutes before she lays down wherever she is and goes to sleep. And she is so sweet about the whole ordeal. But I am slowly becoming a basket case. Although the doctor said not to worry about her not eating, I still can't help but think it isn't a good thing for her not to eat anything for five days. And still she is throwing up! I don't know what to do! I really hope this passes soon, or I'm taking her to the ER and will rant and rave until someone does SOMETHING for her!

7 comments:

Shelly said...

WOW that's really bad!! I can see why your considering the ER I would to. Have you talk to the day care that she is in about this maybe she is picking it up there. I know when Kayli came home from preschool with pink eye that is what I did and they made sure to wash everything down, that is just something to consider.

mad white woman said...

Oh no... That sounds awful for both of you! I can't imagine having throw-ups for that long... or cleaning throw-ups for that long. I hope she gets better soon and I hope you don't become a basket case.

James and Summer said...

oh wow! how horrific... It is so hard to watch your child suffer - and I totally understand the basket case thing!
I don't want to impose, but in a helpful vein I list what works for us. Maybe something will help:
-pedialyte pops - frozen things sometimes stay down
-frozen corn - weird I know, but the starchy corn turns right into sugar which is easier for body to digest and the frozen part just helps. It is also a mild flavor for little ones.
-for that matter - you can freeze just about any liquid you want in her system. Having it frozen keeps them from drinking too much at a time which can also cause vomiting (the too much at a time part) where little bits sometimes stay.
-any head ache, eyes sore,??? This has been going on so long (for more than a month, right?) that I have to wonder if she maybe 'caught' an amoeba or parasite. The US doesn't think of that very often - but it is so common in other countries and not completely avoidable here - especially with little ones that taste everything and put everything in their mouths
-peppermint candies - sugar and peppermint, mentos has a pretty mild peppermint flavor for the little ones or if you can find the 'buttermint' type of peppermint flavor they are usually more mild.
-just the pasta from chicken noodle soup. sometimes my girls don't like the broth until they are feeling a little better - but they will eat the pasta - especially if I actually 'buy' it ready-made and it is stars, or Dora, or Princess - such a novelty.
GOOD LUCK!!!! HOpe you are back to normal soon!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Ewww, I could almost *smell* all that! Poor ALL of you!!! That is horrible to live through. Our Lilly is the same way and if she gets a stomach bug, what affects us for 2 days, she has severely for 7 and loses tons of weight. It's miserable. Poor thing. I hope she gets better soon!!!

The Gotzingers said...

WOW!! That is really bad. Gosh... I am so sorry. Wish we lived closer so I could come and help you out. Aww... poor baby!! Poor you!! :o) Hang in there!!

mad white woman said...

Hey Jamie, just wanted to say I hope everything is okay with you and your family. I've been worried your blogging absence isn't b/c you're on a totally awesome vacation. Anyway, just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you and sorry if you think I'm a weirdo for being concerned!

Amy said...

Jamie! Where are you?! I've never seen you go this long between posting pictures of your princess! Hoping everything's ok.