Blogaholic Designs”=

Monday, March 2, 2009

Girls, Girls, Girls

I have a confession to make. Do you remember the amazing, fairy tale room Ernie and I put together for Lily while I was pregnant? Well, guess when we started it? When I was 12 weeks pregnant. Now, for those of you who have been pregnant try to remember when you find out the sex of the baby. I'll make it easy for you. 20 weeks. I've never publically admitted this before, but we were just about finished with the room by the time we found out we were having a girl. I was so certain that God knew me well enough not to give me a boy. And it turns out I was right. Some may say I was awfully lucky, considering how much we spent on clothes and decorations before I was even certain. But I honestly just knew. It's hard to believe, I know, and maybe it was some crazy pregnant hormonal thing, but I was positive that I was having a girl.

The point of this monologue, you ask? Well, I just want to share why I knew I would have a girl and not a boy. Because girls enjoy things like this.

Listen carefully and you will hear soft, classical music playing in the background and the clink of china on china. The melodious sound of little girl giggles and incessant chatter. Our first tea party was a smashing success. Lily, her baby doll, Mommy, and even Daddy participated. We all had a fabulous time.













Serving on a jury this past week has had its perks. One of which being that it is right around the corner from some adorable antique shops. So on one of the two hour lunch breaks, I was perusing and found this precious child's tea set. I thought about it for two days before finally deciding to go for it. I was a bit worried that Lily was too young to take care of something so fragile. But from the moment she opened it she has treated it with such incredible care. She is such a girly girl and was so excited to have a tea party. Next time I will be more prepared with props so she can dress up and have a really great time.

7 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

You guys are so cute!!! Love the tea set!! What a fun little memory!

mad white woman said...

What a darling tea set. I can't believe you did so much without knowing Lily was a girl (well, for sure)! I was just talking to my friend about that. She knew, for certain, what all three of her children were going to be. I do NOT have that kind of intuition... and even if I did, I probably wouldn't trust it. :)

James and Summer said...

awwww! that is GREAT! She even has the etiquette down! how adorable. what a fun find! Girls are wonderful!

The Gotzingers said...

Oh that is so stinkin cute!! What great pictures and what a great memory. My girls never got into things like that. I so wish they did. Im so jealous!!

Shes so cute. Is she ever not?? LOL!!

Shelly said...

I can't wait until Hazel and Lily can play tea party together! She is so cute.

Shelly said...

I can't wait until Hazel and Lily can play tea party together! She is so cute.

Steve and Cyndi said...

I absolutely LOVE this idea! What a fun mommy you are! Lily is so very lucky!