Blogaholic Designs”=

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Not For The Faint Of Heart

I'm starting this post with a warning. What you read here is not for the faint of heart. So if you gag at the sight of vomit and poo, please stop reading here. This post is (and excuse me for the pun, but..) ripe with it.

We've had an eventful several days in the Hamilton household. First Lily got sick. Some sort of nasty stomach bug that had her pucking waterfalls of vomit all over the kitchen table. [you think it's gross to read about, just think of how it was to actually see it, feel it (that's right) and have it all over the front of your shirt]. Then we had several days of the beautiful exploding diapers. I always knew when one had come. Lily would run into a corner and hunker down with these big, sad eyes and, no matter how sweet or cajoling I made my voice, refused to move. Then, much to my delight, I would discover that the contents of the diaper had spilled down Lily's pant legs and onto the carpet. We spent a lot of time in the bathroom this weekend. We bought her this super cool art set (Lily loves coloring, painting, drawing, gluing, cutting...well, pretty much anything to do with arts and crafts) to try and make her feel better for being sick and stuck in the house for so long. She LOVED it, but I'm still heartbroken when I look at her sad little face and her pouty little lips. Poor baby.


And then, the sun came out, the skies cleared and Lily finally started feeling better. By the time she went to bed Sunday night, she was practically back to her normal, happy self. Unfortunately, sometime around 2:00 Monday morning, mommy started feeling a bit queasy. And so she spent the majority of the night bent over the toilet expunging the contents of her stomach. (I warned you that it wasn't a pretty post)

So now that everyone is (more or less) back to normal and we're able to be out and about again, guess what? I got summoned for jury duty. I reported yesterday and this morning I was unfortunately honored to be called to serve on a jury for the next three to five court days. It seems I'm having an unlucky week, hu? So now that I've spent this entire post wallowing in self-pity and disgusting everyone who has made it this far, let me leave you with this stunning picture.


It would seem that Lily bounces back quickly...

5 comments:

Shelly said...

Poor Lily how awful! Vomit is the worst of the worst I absolutely hate it when the girls throw up!! but it a good thing your renting hopefully she does not do that in your new house but that is very unlikely and i am sorry you caught her bug.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

"Splashing Technicolor into the porcelain phone" is what Danny calls it! That is horrible, I hate the flu! Glad you're all doing better!

Amy said...

Oh poor babies! The other night Eli came into my room and kept saying something about his mouth but I wasn't awake enough to understand him. Finally he got fed up with me and put both hands on the sides of my face...they were both covered in vomit. Not the most pleasant way to wake up! LOL. I'm glad you guys are feeling better.

James and Summer said...

so sorry you've been so yucky! - and will continue to be over the next few 'court' days... yikes.

mad white woman said...

Ugh, ugh, ugh. In November, Clara had the most awful projectile vomit EVER... I just stared with big eyes, in disbelief during the minute or so it continued. (Part of my shock could've been the fact that we were in a fairly nice restaurant at the time). But I didn't get sick too, so I'm sorry you did. Get better oh so soon!