Blogaholic Designs”=

Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Nursery

So people have been asking me to do this, but I've been dragging my feet. But with our imminent departure from our current home into a brand spankin' new one, I thought it was time to immortalize Lily's nursery. It may look a bit disorganized, but with all the stuffed animals and toys and books that girl has, this is as good as it gets. So here you go...













So there it is. Lily's room. I painted and decorated it when I was pregnant. It helped the time pass faster. There are definitely things I will do differently in her new room. But I will still miss this one. It was fun getting it ready for her. And that castle bookshelf was my very first attempt at carpentry. It really is awful, but its the thought that counts, right? Plus it was the first time I had ever attempted such a thing. Ah well, I'll do it better the next time. I did most of the painting and decorating myself. What I couldn't do, Ernie did. Lily loves her fairy friends, which makes all the hours we put in worth it.

6 comments:

mad white woman said...

Wow! I was going to ask if you hired someone to paint, it's amazing. Your talents cover all the fine arts. If I made something that beautiful, I'd have a hard time leaving it. But a brand new house? That sounds fun... when do you move?

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Oh my freakin' GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe that you painted all that yourself!!! You did that!? I'm totally freaking out!? I hope you're doing your own book cover because you are an amazing artist! And you built that castle bookcase!? I really...wow, I have no words. You are amazing. Truly amAzing!!!! I really can't wait to see how you do her next room because I can't fathom getting better than this!!!

James and Summer said...

THAT IS TRULY ENCHANTING!!!! to say that i am amazed -and a bit jealous is an understatement. good for you!!!

Steve and Cyndi said...

I've been meaning to tell you about the cutest idea I saw for Lily's new room... only I'm not at a place where I can get to the website and I can't remember it off hand... hmm... please remind me to send it to you! I so want to do it for Shelby!

Steve and Cyndi said...

Here is the site I found it on, which then links you to the actual site it's from. I think with your crafty skills you could figure out how to make one yourself... Just an idea that I loved that I thought I'd pass onto to you!!

http://tutusandturtles.blogspot.com/2009/03/borgen-from-veravera.html

sherrie said...

That is the most amazing bedroom I have ever seen! You are an incredible artist! Lily is one lucky girl. A room fit for a princess...every girl's dream!