Blogaholic Designs”=

Monday, February 9, 2009

Our Lips Are Sealed



I don't usually go all gaga over celebrities. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy relaxing on the beach with a good rag mag as much as the next girl. But that's just good fun. Plus it keeps me up-to-date so I have something to say when the discussion of Britney Spears' comeback or Bradgelina's ever-expanding brood comes up (as it inevitably will). But really, I just don't care about these people. I enjoy movies. Almost too much even. But I generally don't go crazy about the actors and/or their lives. I've recently discovered an exception. When I heard this, I about went crazy screaming and jumping up and down in my kitchen.


I mean, Belinda Carlisle is a goddess, right? I can't be the only eighties child that is in love with her. Her music is more than just notes strung together with words added in the mix. Her music defines much of my childhood. I L-O-V-E her. I mean, she's right up there with David Bowie, Patrick Morissey and Andy Partridge (please don't tar and feather me, fellow audiophiles, before you listen to Skid Marks on My Heart, and then try to tell me she's not fabulous. Can't do it? Told you). I am so excited to finally see her in the lime light again. Now if only there'd be a Go-Gos reunion tour. A girl can dream, right?

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

I have never even heard of her... but I do recognize some of the songs mentioned in your link.

I'm like a celebrity moron. :)