Blogaholic Designs”=

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Superbowl Party....Shock and Awe

I know, I know, I was shocked that I attended a superbowl party too. But it actually turned out to be a lot of fun. Probably due to the fact that I didn't watch any of the game. The comercials, however, had some good highlights. Some friends invited us out to Brentwood (and for those of you who don't know where Brentwood is, it is the definition of BFE). There were lots of kids, food and friends. Fun times all around. And Lily got to see her best friend from daycare, Amelia, whom she hasn't seen since Ernie lost his job in December and we pulled her out. They had a great time together.

This was the best angle anyone got of the adorable hugs Lily and Amelia kept giving each other. Lily was so excited to see her friend that she accidentally pushed Amelia over. It was hilarious. Until, that is, Amelia started crying. Sorry Amelia, Lily just doesn't know her own strength.


They are such sweet girls and were so excited to see each other again.

So most of our group watched the game and I really enjoyed the halftime show. I'll confess, as a diehard Springsteen fan I was a little concerned that this performance would mean he was selling out and becoming more mainstream. But after the most amazing twelve minutes of the entire night, I realized that could never happen. I was a little disappointed that he dropped verses. But considering he had such a short time to work in a set, I think I can overlook it this time. And did you catch the acrobatics? Not bad for someone who's pushing 60.




And Lily had a blast with all the other kids. For the most part, they were all very well behaved. I will say, though, that there was one point where Lily was vying for entrance into this princess castle-tent thing and an older girl pushed her head into the floor rather forcefully. Let's just say that I am not as sweet as I appear to be. Mama bear reared her ugly head and put the fear of God into that girl. But considering we were there with about ten or so kids for five hours and only had one incident, I think we faired pretty well.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Jamie, Jamie I can't believe you did not even watch the super bowl come on the last time the Cardinals even made it to the super bowl was 1967 I believe and you didn't watch even a second of it? You know you missed out on a moment in history and if they did not fumble that ball at the end they would have beat the Stealers!! I am not a super big fan of football but come on the Cardinals made it to the super bowl that is something you should have watched at least for 5 minutes!!HMM but it looks like you did have a fun time Lily of course looks so adorable and that's exciting she was able to spend time with her little friend.

mad white woman said...

No worries, I still live in Arizona and had NO desire to watch the game.

Glad you had a good time regardless of the purpose for the party.

Amelia & Penelope said...

We had such a great time too! Look forward to the next get together!