Blogaholic Designs”=

Monday, December 13, 2010

Hitch a ride on Santa's sleigh



At long last, we decorated for Christmas.

Well, after a fashion.

We still haven't gotten around to getting a tree. I am begining to think this year will be a tree-trimming-on-Christmas-Eve kind of year. Ernie will be home from work the day before Christmas Eve, and it really isn't as much fun to pick out a tree without our entire family here. But we did get a few decoration, including a tree for Lily's room.



She was so excited to have her little tree, complete with her homemade decorations. I let her keep the lights on last night and she didn't voice a single complaint when it was bedtime.


Before we could put up the decorations, we had to clean. Or rather, I had to clean while Lily snuggled up on the couch with her blankey reading Llamas in Pajamas. (ps: doesn't that picture just make you happy? I can't help but smile every time I look a it.)




But once we were rocking out to Hannah Peel's Hey Santa and drinking peppermint hot cocoa, she got in the spirit of things. So now it is feeling happy and festive in the Hamilton household. At least in the family room.



Today the plan is to make Christmas goodies with the bug, then put together a gingerbread house. Lily is so excited. This year has been delightful watching her get excited about all the Christmas rituals. There is a reason its called the most wonderful time of the year.

2 comments:

mad white woman said...

Clara asked Santa for 3 things and one of them was her own tree. She would be so jealous of Lily!

You guys had a busy year and it was fun to get a quick glimpse into your life. Lots of fun memories.

Oh, and I love the name Hazel... that's top on my list for this baby. I just need to convince the husband and my mom that it's a great name.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Holy moly!!!!!!!!! I love seeing all these blog posts from you, it's so great to catch up on your life! Lily is such a gorgeous girl, I adore her pictures!