Blogaholic Designs”=

Monday, December 20, 2010

O Tannenbaum


We finally picked out a tree.  Here is the one Lily picked out because it was, according to her, "just my size."  I don't know why she looks so sad in this picture.  She was practically bursting with excitement the entire time.


She had fun searching the lot, insisting on smelling each tree and declaring they smelled like Christmas.  Some people associate Christmas with frankincense and myrrh.  Others with cinnamon and nutmeg.  My daughter associates it with evergreen trees.  I wonder who she got that from?


She was so excited that I could barely get her to hold still for a couple pictures.


Her favorite part of the entire experience, though, was when one of the other customer pulled a balloon from her purse and made a red balloon puppy for her.  Lily named the puppy Shaggy and talked about her gift the entire way home.


Before we could decorate, we had to water the tree.  Lily took this job VERY seriously.


And of course, it wouldn't be a proper tree decorating party without milk and cookies (technically, we had egg nog too, but no one drank any.  Vile stuff, egg nog.).  Lily also took this job very seriously.


Do you like our Dollar Store ornaments?  I'm rather proud of them myself. 


Although I love making wreaths and hanging lights, trimming the tree is my favorite part of Christmas.  Opening the ornaments and transforming an ordinary tree into something magical.  This year, Lily decorated the tree almost entirely by herself.  I helped with the top portion and the lights, but she did the rest. 


I think she did a rather nice job of it.  And now I am satisfied with our Christmas preparations.  We won't actually be spending Christmas around our own tree, so it is mostly ceremonial.  Still, I am glad we finally gave in and got one.


It seems to add just the right touch to the room.  Even if it is only three feet tall.


And did you see these super cute slippers I picked up at Target?  I heart them.

Today I leave you with one of my favorite Christmas diddies for your listening pleasure. Merry Christmas everyone.  May it be filled with joy and laughter.

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

I hate egg nog. I buy it every year for Jason and every year I can't believe I'm spending money on it.

We've never got a real tree. But, our tree is over 20 years old (I purchased it at a friend's yard sale), it sheds like a real one. :)

Merry Christmas!