Blogaholic Designs”=

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Draw freely upon my imagination


Last week I took Lily to the Children's Museum in New Orleans.    She had so much fun that, after six hours of play, she passed out even before we left the parking lot.


 They were celebrating Dr. Seuss on this particular day, so she got to make a silly bow tie, read Dr. Seuss stories, and dance all over the museum with the other kids as they played silly rhyming songs over the speakers.



There were rooms for dancing, rooms for building, rooms for dress-up, and even a room where you could learn all about how different insects see the world.


Lily got to be a contractor...


A decorator...



A policewoman...


And so much more...



They had an entire floor dedicated to playhouses, including a bayou shack, a row house, and a castle, just to name a few. I'm pretty sure Lily stayed in that section for about two and a half hours.







In fact, she loved the playhouses so much that I've decided to get her one for the backyard.  I think I'll get one with cute little flower boxes outside the windows.  And as a bonus, I'll finally have a place to put the kitchen and accessories we got her for her birthday.


 And, of course, she got her face painted. 

She was so proud of her star.  So much so that she cried that night when I insisted she wash it off before bed.

After our adventure in New Orleans, I took her to dinner at Times Bar & Grille in Slidell.  It is probably my favorite restaurant here.  I'm sure I've mentioned it before.  They have the best burgers and sweet potato fries.  Truly, everything there is delicious.  Lily charmed the waitresses so much that they gave her a free ice cream sundae.  Lily delightedly informed them all that, in French, an ice cream sundae was a parfait.  She then proceeded to devour the dessert with unabashed enthusiasm.

It was a fun, thoroughly exhausting day.  And that night, after brushing her teeth and getting snuggled up in her pajamas, Lily told me a new story while I typed it up for posterity (and yes, she plagiarized some ideas from Rapunzel, but she is three, after all).

The Tale of Princess Bedonia

Once upon a time in the far away future there was a tiny princess named Princess Bedonia.  Princess Bedonia's parents loved her so much and they fed her magical milk and bananas everyday so that her hair would grow very very long.  And there were dragons living in their kingdom.  The green one was very very nice, but the red one was not very very nice.  He blowed fire out of his mouth and blowed down all the homes in the kingdom.  But then the mean witch in the cottage next door stole Bedonia and locked her in a tower where no one could find her.  Her mommy and daddy cried and cried.  Then the handsome prince came and rescued her and they all lived happily ever after.

The End

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

I think children's museums are the most clever places ever. The new(er) one in Phoenix is so awesome. I'm also impressed with the new and improved one in Mesa. That's a great story.