Blogaholic Designs”=

Friday, March 25, 2011

If I didn't laugh, I would cry


What do you do with a child who makes you laugh even when you are trying to reprimand?

Like when Lily came up while I was making breakfast this morning and kicked my leg.  When I asked her why she kicked me, she said "Because I'm a samafry!"

Or when I ask her to pick up her toys and, after maybe thirty seconds of picking up, she falls down declaring that she has "collapsed with exhaustion!"

Or when I wake her up before she is ready in the morning and she tells me, rather belligerently, to go away because she needs her beauty rest.

Or when I tell her it is time to leave the park and she says she can't because the troll that lives under the bridge that leads from the playground to the parking lot has taken her prisoner and it will eat her if she leaves.

Yes, at times like these I am hard-pressed not to laugh.  She makes me want to laugh even as I want to scream.

3 comments:

Steve and Cyndi said...

10 points for the creativity! What a cute girl! :)

mad white woman said...

I decided that as long as Clara isn't doing something really wrong (ie hurting another kid), it's okay to laugh. Way better than screaming, I say. :) It'd be fascinating to see what Lily and Clara's imaginations would come up with if they ever played together.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

She'll give you some ulcers in her teenage years, it sounds like! What a drama queen, haha!