Blogaholic Designs”=

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Words are like water

I'm not feeling particularly pithy or locquacious today, so we'll make this update short and sweet.

Lily had her second haircut last week.  I'll be honest, I agonized over this.  Yes, I realize that is ridiculous, but I couldn't stop myself.  Part of me wanted to cut her hair short because it would be easier to manage and keep neat throughout the day, and part of me wanted to cry at the thought because her hair is so long and  thick and beautiful.  But it is difficult to keep looking nice all day long.  Finally, I let Lily decide.  She wanted to keep her long hair, so we just the split ends trimmed off this time.  I figure that if her hair looks ratty by the end of the day, that is simply proof that she has had a fun day playing hard as kids are meant to.

During the haircut, Lily was in heaven.  The stylists were all fawning over her telling her how absolutely beautiful she is.  She would just smile cockily and say, "thanks", without a hint of modesty.  That's my vain child for you, though.  Gotta love it.

We also got to spend the weekend with my stepdaughter, Jade.  I love the all-too-rare opportunities we have to all be together.  Lily absolutely idolizes her older sister.  All weekend, she was right by Jade's side pestering her with questions and demanding her sister's attention in a thousand different ways.  Jade, I'll confess, was much more patient with Lily then I sometimes am.

We miss you and love you so much, Jade.  We had a great time and can't wait to see you again!

And finally, Lily asked me to take a picture of her writing in her diary and post it for Grandma and Tommy to see (sorry for those she left out, but she was very particular that this picture was for Grandma and her best-friend, Tommy).  She has been obsessed with her diary ever since she saw it at Barnes & Noble and begged me to buy it for her.  She *is* awfully cute writing in it, I will confess.

I do have pictures of all of this, but I can't find my cord.  I'll update with pictures later.  Have a great week, everyone.

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

Clara's hair starts out stringy and ratty, so consider Lily a step ahead if her's doesn't look that way until the day's end. :) Clara likes her hair long too, but she really needs her hair trimmed. I did it a few weeks ago and it just doesn't look the same.

Oh, mostly I think vain children are funny. But sometimes, I get super embarrassed. Like when I let Clara wear a fancy/puffy dress to the store and she walks up to every single person and says, "Do you like my dress? Do I look pretty?"

I've been thinking about you today. I hope you have a good week.