Blogaholic Designs”=

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A hundred acorns sown in silence


This past weekend was a rather relaxed one.  We didn't do much, but we did have fun.


Like digging for clams at Lake Pontchartrain.


Really, anything involving water is an instant hit with the bug.


Especially when her Daddy teaches her how to throw rocks into it.


It is quite a task to get a picture of Lily looking at the camera.  She usually smiles, but her eyes are always on whatever it is she is doing at the time.  So this time I told her to look right into the camera.  So of course, she came right up as close as she could get and stuck her face in the camera.  She's still not looking at it, though.  *sigh*


We also took her to Borders in New Orleans for a Silverlicious Celebration.  It was adorable and I was too busy enjoying it with Lily to take many pictures.  They had Pinkalicious drinks, along with brownies and cookies as snacks. And Lily left with a ton of great swag.  Pink bouncy balls, pink pencils, Pinkalicious stickers, a tiara and a Fancy Nancy coin purse.  There were games and crafts and, of course, a reading of Silverlicious.  She was in heaven.  It made me wish I had waited to get her the book so she could have bought it there.  Ah well.  She got a new Skippyjon Jones book, so she was happy (if you haven't read them, you should definitely check them out.  Lily can't get enough of that silly Siamese cat who thinks he's a chihuahua).


As a bonus, her Valentine from Grandma and Aunt Jenny came just before we left the house, so Lily got to wear this lovely tutu Aunt Jenny made just for her.  I love having crafty family members.  It makes up for my complete lack of creativity.

On a different note, Mardi Gras is next weekend.  I am so excited to experience it for the first time.  Lily and I are going to the family Mardi Gras, since the actual one is not suitable for children.  I'm still thrilled.  They'll have several big musicians performing and all sorts of food and crafty booths and parades.  Fun will be had by all, I am sure.  I hope our camera is fixed by then, because I really want to take some good pictures while we're there.

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

That little plaid shirt is so cute!

Do you know all your pictures look like they are from a movie? Maybe it's because I'm so used to the terrain of the southwest. Anyway, I like them.

Mardi Gras reminds me of one of my favorite teachers in college. He gave us a whole week off so he could go to Mardi Gras. :)