Blogaholic Designs”=

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Once Upon a Time...

 

I've mentioned that Lily loves to read.  What I may have failed to mention is that she also loves to tell stories.  They usually involve a princess named Princess Spider.  I asked her to tell me one today by my computer so I could write down what she said.  I am amazed by the depth of her imagination and really want to keep track of her stories to show her when she is older.  Here is the Princess Spider story she told me today:

Princess Spider and the Quest for the Magical Comb

Once upon a time in the far away future there lived a teeny tiny princess named Princess Spider. Now, Princess Spider had a special magical power. Princess Spider could talk to dragons. The dragons lived in a cave and Princess Spider went to see them every day and listen to their stories. One was about a magical comb that granted you one wish. To get the comb, Princess Spider climbed the Great Wall of China and over the giantest diamond in the whole, entire world. When she found the magical comb, she asked to be super strong. Then she climbed back down the diamond and the Great Wall of China and defeated all the bad guys. But there was one bad guy who captured her and locked her in the dungeon. But the handsome prince saved her and they got married and lived happily ever after.


The End


We've been thinking and talking a lot lately about expanding our little family.  I really want another baby.  With the complications from my miscarriage, that may not be possible, but I am trying to be positive.  In the meantime, I plan to enjoy every moment I have to play with just Lily.  Because if we are ever able to have another baby, I'm sure I will miss the days when it was just the two of us.
 
 
 
ps:  Do you like Lily's new castle?  It was $11.99 on sale at Hobby Lobby.  She can do anything she wants with it and I don't stress because it was so cheap.

3 comments:

Steve and Cyndi said...

I LOVE the story! I might have to copy this because, surprise! surprise! Shelby also loves to tell stories! I never thought to type it out as she is telling it! Great idea!

Steve and Cyndi said...

Plus, I totally understand how you feel about growing your family. There is nothing I want more yet at the same time fear getting pregnant and going through the pains of a miscarriage again...

mad white woman said...

I love the far away future part. Clever.

What a neat little castle. I may just have to take a trip to Hobby Lobby.

Good luck with growing your family. I hope things work out for you. I tried to make every day count with my one-on-one time with Clara before Hazel was born and luckily, I have no regrets. That continues to be my biggest struggle with two kids, feeling like I give Clara enough attention/love/time.