Blogaholic Designs”=

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Crazy Sock Day

There is nothing quite like tapping into a cultural zeitgeist when putting together your daily ensemble. Think, a hip Jackie-O. Something that captures not only the spirit of the times, but the state of the culture. Our culture no longer believes in a singular reality, but strives to incorporate many viewpoints. Fashion follows function and the true fashionistas of our day take this idea and apply it to their own personal style. So, following, and even surpassing such fashion icons as Grace Kelly, Princess Diana and Madonna...Lily is paving a new, daring path in the world of fashion.

Her blue, polka dot shorts, ice-cream decked top and stripety, thigh-high socks are accessorized perfectly by her Hello Kitty backpack. Her outfit is completed by the uber-chic, mop head hairdo.




And this delightful ensemble is the result of letting Daddy take charge of getting Lilly dressed for the day.



And she still manages to look adorable. But wait! She still needs shoes. And it so happens that I have the perfect pair to go with this gorgeous outfit...

Did I lie? Perfect, right? I can just see her strutting her stuff on the red carpet in these babies.


Ernie protested when I insisted on changing her into what I deemed a more presentable outfit. True, Lily doesn't care now. But I can only assume she will thank me someday for saving her the disgrace.



And while she did look adorable in Ernie's outfit, doesn't she look just oh-so-snugable with her beautiful pigtails and clean, matching clothing? Okay, so maybe I am a bit...um...over zealous about it. But I figure I only have about another year (if I'm lucky, two) where she'll let me get away with it, so I'm going to enjoy it. Is that so wrong?

3 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Wow, complete with those shoes she would be Madonna's elf meets Shabby chick meets Wonder Baby! Stylin' for sure! I always laugh when Danny dresses our kids. Sometimes they come out in the strangest combinations!

mad white woman said...

Jason is at the point where he'll intentionally put Clara in an outfit similar to the one Lily's modeling here, just to see my reaction.

Aaron and Reina said...

Hey Jaime, I finally made it over to your blog! I'm sure you know this, but your little girl is SO adorable! Love her cheeks!