Blogaholic Designs”=

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Silly Lily

I sort of like to think of myself as Wonder Woman. I mean, who wouldn't want to dress up in a red, white and blue leotard and fly around in an invisible airplane? And have you seen those the super cool, bullet-deflecting fashion accessories? But as much as I like to believe there is nothing that life can throw at me that I can't handle, every once in a while something happens that shows me the importance of the people in my life and the help they give me.


Ernie had to work night shift all last week. He left the house at around five in the afternoon and didn't get home until between seven and eight the next morning. If we were lucky, we got to see him for maybe half and hour in the morning before I had to drop Lily off at daycare and run to work. And Lily and I usually don't get home until around 5:30. Even with the help of some wonderful friends (you know who you are), by the end of the week, I truly appreciated all that Ernie does for us and was ready to have him back. And as much as I tried to step in and compensate for Daddy's absence that week, Lily really missed him. No one can replace Daddy in Lily's eyes.
















And as much as I love her and do everything in my power to make her happy, that includes me. Her relationships with Ernie and I are different, but both are vital for her happiness. And nothing taught me that as much as being without Ernie for a week.




2 comments:

Shelly said...

That little neice of mine is seriously so stinking CUTE!! She has CUTENESS written all over her what a great post and what a sweetie pie!! We are so going to come and visit you this summer were going to make it happen!

mad white woman said...

You make an awesome Wonder Woman. When Jason was still in school, there'd be several nights in a row that Clara didn't see him and it was so hard. AND I was just working PT from home. Does Santa know you're wishing for a red, white and blue leotard this year? :)