Blogaholic Designs”=

Friday, January 7, 2011

Come along on our imaginary journey



I'll admit that sometimes (erhm...often) I don't particularly enjoy playing baby dolls or barbies with Lily. I know I used to play with them for hours when I was little, but now I am mostly at a loss as to what, exactly, I should do with them after the first ten minutes or so. But this morning was different. This morning, I got to play dress up.



I love playing dress up with Lily. She goes all out, styling my hair and picking out the perfect princess dresses for both of us (she is often disappointed over the lack of sparkles and ruffles available in my own selection).


Once she had appropriate princess dresses for both of us and our hair was coiffed to her satisfaction, we had a tea party. 




When we finished Lily curtsied deeply and told me thank you for the splendid tea party. Then she smiled and said, "Mama, aren't you glad we're girls?"

Truer words were never spoken, baby.

2 comments:

mad white woman said...

I promise I'd figure it out, but until I have to, I will continue to wonder how having a son could possibly be more entertaining than a daughter.

angela hardison said...

adorable! little girls are the best.

and to answer your question - that plate is from anthropologie - they have loads of lovely dishes. (it was a birthday gift from my business partners!)